[darcs-users] darcs patch: small authorspellings fix (and 3 more)

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Thu Feb 12 19:14:28 UTC 2009

> Yes. I don't actually understand the warning and #darcs/#haskell are
> quiet - could someone here explain it in detail, and suggest a standard
> fix ? Then I will add it to the warning. I see it was Jason that added
> this test.

For the interested, the issue at hand is this test in haskell_policy:

 lookfor readFile \
        "readFile doesn't ensure the file is closed before it is deleted!" \
        B # importing readFile from Data.ByteString as B, is allowed

and Simon accidentally submitted (and I applied) a patch to the show
authors command which uses a readFile.  We're trying to figure out if
it's safe, or if we need to do something more careful.

(Hmm: let's see if Bcc'ing Jason has the intended effect of letting him
 see just this one reply without getting spammed by other replies :-) )

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9