[darcs-users] diff with another branch?

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Fri Feb 13 17:03:41 UTC 2009

Hi Stefan,

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 15:08:31 -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > I don't have darcs locally, but a reading of
> > http://darcs.net/manual/node8.html#SECTION00862000000000000000
> > suggests to me that maybe 'darcs pull --dry-run foo' would work?
>
> > Since it's a dry-run, pull should print out the patches that they have
> > and you don't, but it'll also print out the patches you have and they
> > don't IIRC.
>
> Thanks, if I add --verbose I indeed get a list of patches that are
> "missing" from the remote repository.

May I ask you to add an entry to the FAQ?
  http://wiki.darcs.net/index.html/FrequentlyAskedQuestions

You can create an account on the wiki here:
  http://wiki.darcs.net/index.html/UserPreferences

> I'm curious, tho: isn't there some other way?
> E.g. using CVS, Arch, and Bzr, I very often
> a particular (set of) file(s).  So I'd expect darcs to provide something
> for that as well.

This sounds like it might be a reasonable feature request.  How about
putting one on our tracker?  (bugs at darcs.net , ideally checking to see
if something like this is already mentioned on http://bugs.darcs.net)
(Of course, I could be mistaken, and there already *is* a nice way
to do this, or other darcs hackers may think that this is overloading
our UI, but at least then we'll have a paper trial for the idea)

Cheers,