[darcs-users] Grapefruit-based GUI for darcs?

Max Battcher me at worldmaker.net
Fri Feb 13 22:52:10 UTC 2009

Eric Kow wrote:
> Would it be useful for us to focus on the question of what a features a
> patch viewer should have (e.g. matchers, as Zooko has mentioned for his
> deps.pl)?  What I'm thinking of is a tool that helps people to
> understand the relationship between their patches.

In terms of patch viewer, GitHub's network graphs are certainly something to
consider as prior art.  A random example:

http://github.com/halorgium/couchdb/network

In the git case this is the forest of merges and branching between related
repositories.  I expect that in Darcs a better graph format for multi-branch
patch visualization would probably be closer to a Venn Diagram than a
forest...

--
--Max Battcher--
http://worldmaker.net