[darcs-users] Google Summer of Code 2009 - ideas, students and mentors?

Nathan Gray kolibrie at graystudios.org
Sat Feb 14 14:54:38 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 05:40:45PM +0000, Eric Kow wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 09:36:13 -0500, Nathan Gray wrote:
> > Another thing I am interested in having is the ability, when
> > converting from a darcs-1 repo to a darcs-2 repo, to specify
> > already converted darcs-2 repos as a reference for the
> > conversion.
>
> This sounds like something worth noting on the bug tracker (maybe with
> some UI examples).

Something like:

  darcs convert source_darcs1_repo new_darcs2_repo --use-reference already_converted_repo

where you can specify more than one reference repo.  Ideally the
reference repos would not have to be local.

> What characteristics make this a good student project?  Well-defined
> and self-contained?

It does seem like a fairly self-contained project, hopefully not
that difficult, but would likely give some exposure to darcs
internals.

I don't mind if a non-student wanted to work on it either.

-kolibrie