[darcs-users] [issue701] Irrefutable pattern failed for pattern Data.Maybe.Just a2

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Wed Feb 18 15:25:26 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 16:19:02 +0100, Christian Kellermann wrote:
> Yes, I can trigger the bug by pulling in 1 patch that consists of
> 4 lines.

Ok! So by rights, you should be able to transform that 1 patch into a
patch bundle via darcs send, right?  If you can trigger the same error
via darcs apply, then we've got a very good head start.

 (it sounds like a trivial difference, but when you've got it down to
  repo + bundle, it gets a bit simpler to do the boil-down process)

> By getting rid of unrelated patches you are talking about
> obliterating these in both repos right?

Right, but on second thought, Milestone 1 recommends using --match
'touch foo', so maybe there isn't any obliterating to do if you've
done it that way.