[darcs-users] darcs patch: Obviate Autoconf.have_libcurl.

Trent W.Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 00:55:17 UTC 2009

Whenever anything in Autoconf.hs changes, everything that imports
anything from Autoconf has to be recompiled -- which ends up being
nearly everything.

Combine this with the fact that Autoconf.darcs_version changes every
time I commit a patch to Darcs, and the result is that there are a
huge amount of annoying, spurious recompiles.

As we now leverage -D (i.e. the C preprocessor) to set such config
variables, Autoconf is largely (entirely?) useless.  Here's how I'd
like to retire variables in it, demonstrating with just the first
variable.

Wed Feb 18 18:23:33 EST 2009  Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>
  * Obviate Autoconf.have_libcurl.