[darcs-users] [issue701] Irrefutable pattern failed for pattern Data.Maybe.Just a2

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Thu Feb 19 09:28:05 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 10:22:12 +0100, Christian Kellermann wrote:
> 1. I have a repo that triggers the error when applying a patch
> bundle that consists of one patch

Woo!  (It'd be a good idea to save this work, for example,
in a tarball)

> 2. I cannot tell which patch created a branch in the two repositories,
> i.e. I cannot do steps 1. and 2. in Milestone 1 in the forensics
> page (http://wiki.darcs.net/index.html/Forensics).

Does this help?
  mkdir common
  cd common
  darcs init
  darcs pull --intersection repo1 repo2

> I'd like to remove all patches that the explosive patch depends on.
> Is there a match option for this?  What would be the nexts steps?

> In Forensics Milestone 2 seems to assume that I have a complete
> context for the patch bundle. Now if I delete history I would destroy
> exactly that context and darcs could not apply my patch anymore due
> to missing dependencies.

This is where the tricky hand-editing comes in.  But before we get to
all this, let's see if we can first establish a common ancestry for the
two repositories.

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9