[darcs-users] forensics case study (isolating an 'Irrefutable pattern failed' error)

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Thu Feb 19 11:14:28 UTC 2009

> I get a conflict with this. Also darcs pull --dont-allow-conflicts also works.

Well, that's already interesting.

If we can have a case where pulling some patches and applying what
should be the equivalent bundle do not result in the same behaviour,
then we may have a good test case on our hands.

So it might be good if we could re-orient ourselves towards trying to
produce a minimal test case (pair), where on the one hand, we don't get
any conflicts reported, but on the other hand, we do...

Ideally, the whole thing should start from a common repo.

 common; darcs apply A1 => clean
 common; darcs apply A2 => conflict!

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9