[darcs-users] Failing tests on win32 (buildslave).

Salvatore Insalaco kirby81 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 14:39:41 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 3:59 PM, Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net> wrote:
> darcs check
> The repository is consistent!
> darcs.exe: DeleteFile: permission denied (The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.)

Hi Petr,
I tried to reproduce that issue, but with no success, with the last
darcs trunk version on Windows.

I think that this is not a darcs bug, but a Windows bug on file
management. We found in some scripts that if you do a file operation
that gets cached by the OS, and then right after you try to delete
that file, the deletion fails.

There's a quick way to tell if that is the issue: just add a "sleep"
of 1 second on the test execution before darcs check. If it fixes the
issue, that's it :).

Salvatore