[darcs-users] forensics case study (isolating an 'Irrefutable pattern failed' error)

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Thu Feb 19 17:26:25 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 18:23:10 +0100, Christian Kellermann wrote:
> > http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1363 ?
>
> Looks very much like it. The structure of my hunks is definitely
> similar.  Alas, if I could remember how this situation came into
> existance in the first place!

Hmm!

So it seems that the appropriate next action would be to take Thorkil's
proposed simplification and to turn it into a test case such that one
order of patches causes a conflict, whereas the other causes them to be
applied cleanly.

If we have such a script then we'll have a really lovely specimen for
our bugs directory.

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9