[darcs-users] annoyance with darcs convert . (darcs convert dot, aka the current directory)

Thomas Hartman thomashartman1 at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 21 00:48:10 UTC 2009

I had a problem running darcs convert . , and then pushing to a remote repo

darcs convert myrepo, and then push, works ok.

the issue appears to be that the file _darcs/format is missing a 2nd
line that says darcs-2. When I added this line, the push went okay.

thartman at ubuntulaptop:~/patchwiki>darcs push

darcs failed:  Incompatibility with repository
tphyahoo at patch-tag.com:/r/patchwiki:
Cannot mix darcs-2 repositories with older formats
thartman at ubuntulaptop:~/patchwiki>cat _darcs/format
hashed
thartman at ubuntulaptop:~/patchwiki>emacs -nw _darcs/format #add darcs-2
thartman at ubuntulaptop:~/patchwiki>cat _darcs/format
hashed
darcs-2
thartman at ubuntulaptop:~/patchwiki>darcs push
Pushing to "tphyahoo at patch-tag.com:/r/patchwiki"...
No recorded local changes to push!
thartman at ubuntulaptop:~/patchwiki>

--
Thomas Hartman

Need somewhere to host your code? patch-tag.com
Want to build a webapp? happstack.com