[darcs-users] darcs patch: Add a sunset notice to our UTF8 module (and 1 more)

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Sat Feb 21 14:32:18 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 11:40:01 +0100, Petr Rockai wrote:
> It'd make sense to improve consistency among the various flag names.
> Some are named external-foo, other just foo. I'd go for simple
> naming scheme:
>
> if flag(hackage-name)
>    build-depends: hackage-name (...)

Makes sense to me (and I'll send a quick little patch)

The only place where we should keep external- is for
external-bytestring, because there the issue is that GHC 6.6
accidentally shipped with bytestring in the base package, so I think
Duncan wanted to distinguish between that bytestring and the external
bytestring.  On the other hand, I should tag that with another sunset.
Gone after darcs 2.3

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9