[darcs-users] annoyance with darcs convert . (darcs convert dot, aka the current directory)

Thomas Hartman thomashartman1 at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 22 15:35:13 UTC 2009

> cd foo # yep, that's foo/foo

Well, it certainly confused me! I would say disallow, or at least
warn. I'm now doubting whether I am in a darcs-2 repository after all,
since I edited _darcs/format manually. I suppose I will need to
convert and push again.

I suppose another countermeasure that would have prevented this mess
is if _darcs/format was in some
kind of resistant-to-editing binary format.

I don't really like either of these ideas because they seem like
make-work though.

After some reflection, I think the most intuitive thing to do might be
to make convert a flag to darcs get, like

darcs get --converto-to-darcs-2

The word "convert" followed by that elaborate warning message confused
me into thinking it was doing something destructive to the directory.

--
Thomas Hartman

Need somewhere to host your code? patch-tag.com
Want to build a webapp? happstack.com