[darcs-users] darcs weekly news #18

Guillaume Hoffmann guillaumh at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 08:36:46 UTC 2009

News and discussions
--------------------
1. Darcs 2.2.1 has been released, with most changes affecting the user manual
   and the interface:
 * http://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/darcs-users/2009-February/017834.html
 * Changelog: http://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/darcs-users/2009-February/017528.html

2. Gorsvet 0.1 has been released by Petr Rockai. Gorsvet is an alternative
   read-only client for darcs based on hashed-storage and darcslib, that
   enables noticeably faster whatsnew and diff commands by using an
   optimised repository format:
 * http://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/darcs-users/2009-February/017822.html

3. More discussion about the upcoming Google Summer Of Code:
 * http://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/darcs-users/2009-February/017865.html
 * http://wiki.darcs.net/index.html/GoogleSummerOfCode

4. First darcs fundraising! We aim to raise 1000$ to help people pay for
   travel to the sprint (Utrecht, 17-19 April):
 * http://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/darcs-users/2009-February/017816.html

Issues resolved in the last week (1)
------------------------------------
issue1361 Reinier Lamers
 * specify required includes for curl in cabal file
 * http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1361

Patches applied in the last week (12)
-------------------------------------
2009-02-21 Eric Kow
 - Explain #ifdef HAVE_HTTP in check for _darcs/prefs/post.

2009-02-20 Christian Kellermann
 - show patch names on push/pull only when using 'l'

2009-02-20 Trent W. Buck
 - Remove "unused import/definition" warnings with -fzlib.
 - Only import things if they are needed.
 - Typo: have_HTTP should be HAVE_HTTP.

2009-02-04 Eric Kow
 - Add a sunset notice to our UTF8 module

2009-02-19 Trent W. Buck
 - Replace Autoconf.hs with consistent use of CPP.

2009-02-18 Eric Kow
 - Replace our (///) function with filepath's (</>) in Darcs.Resolution

2009-02-14 Petr Rockai
 - Remove unused Slurpy parameter from with_selected_*.

2009-02-15 Reinier Lamers
 - resolve issue1361: specify required includes for curl in cabal file

2009-02-13 Eric Kow
 - Explain why readFile is in the haskell policy test.

2009-02-12 Simon Michael
 - add suggested fix to readFile policy warning