[darcs-users] gitit test instance now running, please test it!

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Fri Feb 27 15:21:22 UTC 2009

Hi everybody,

We are now running a test instance of gitit with darcs weekly news
entries:

  http://test.darcs.net/

For folks outside the Haskell community, gitit is a Haskell wiki engine
which uses either darcs or git to store its content.

I would be interested in one migrating the darcs wiki to gitit.
To get there, we need

1. You to try this test wiki out and tell us what you think.
   [To create an account, the access code is 'abcd']

2. A volunteer to work on converting the MoinMoin content to
   ReStructured Text (by default gitit uses Markdown, but we have
   configured it for RST because that also happens to be the format
   that to which we plan to migrate the user manual)

3. Eric (or somebody else) to work out how to write a startup script
   for it (right now, I run it by hand with nohup)

So give it a whirl!  Hope you like it.

P.S.  Thanks to Jason Dagit for suggesting this move and to Gwern
      Branwen for doing all the work to make this happen :-)