[darcs-users] darcs patch: Appease Emacs' M-x check-parens in Distr... (and 7 more)

Trent W.Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 19:13:57 UTC 2009

I'm actually *against* applying this bundle.  I'm sending it to
hopefully spark some discussion on how to fix Emacs (if that's
possible).

Sat Feb 28 05:57:27 EST 2009  Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>
  * Appease Emacs' M-x check-parens in Distribution/.

Sat Feb 28 05:57:47 EST 2009  Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>
  * Appease Emacs' M-x check-parens in src/Darcs/Commands/.

Sat Feb 28 05:58:08 EST 2009  Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>
  * Appease Emacs' M-x check-parens in src/Darcs/Patch/.

Sat Feb 28 05:59:47 EST 2009  Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>
  * Appease Emacs' M-x check-parens in src/Darcs/Repository/.

Sat Feb 28 06:00:05 EST 2009  Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>
  * Appease Emacs' M-x check-parens in src/Darcs/.

Sat Feb 28 06:00:46 EST 2009  Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>
  * Appease Emacs' M-x check-parens in src/Crypt/.

Sat Feb 28 06:00:54 EST 2009  Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>
  * Appease Emacs' M-x check-parens in src/.

Sat Feb 28 06:01:32 EST 2009  Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>
  * Appease Emacs' M-x check-parens.

  The form "\(x,y) -> x" upsets Emacs, because it looks like the open
  paren is escaped.  This can cause problems with expression-oriented
  editing operations (e.g. "transpose expressions"), particularly the
  extended operations provided by paredit.el.

  The straightforward (if ugly) solution is to separate lambda from the
  open paren with a space.