[darcs-users] darcs patch: Appease Emacs' M-x check-parens in Distr... (and 7 more)

Thorkil Naur naur at post11.tele.dk
Sat Feb 28 22:17:07 UTC 2009

Hello,

On Saturday 28 February 2009 12:32, Eric Kow wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 22:31:20 +1100, Trent W. Buck wrote:
> > > For what it's worth, I've just learned to live with separating the
> > > lambda from the space (in vim)
> >
> > So are you in favour of making that a style guide/requirement (that
> > a space must separate lambda from an open paren)?
>
> I think I can live with such a requirement.

Sorry, I haven't followed this discussion in detail, but it appears to be
about restricting the way a programming language is used to the facilities of
the tool (an editor) used to manipulate programs in that language. This seems
to me to put things rather much upside down. But, of course, I would be able
to live with such a requirement also.

Best regards
Thorkil