[darcs-users] Random rant about --no-set-default

Matthias Kilian kili at outback.escape.de
Sun Jan 4 20:59:03 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm aware that it would be a very problematic change, but IMHO the
current behaviour regarding changes to the default repository is
very confusing. For example, if I usually pull from some beloved
repository A but every then and now pull some patches from other
selected repository B, I certainly do *not* want to end up with B
as the default repository. This is even more true for push (actually
it was a push I just stumbled over a few minutes ago).

Wouldn't it be more sane to *never* touch the default repo by
default, remove that --no-set-default option, and add instead the
opposite (--set-default)? In other words, --no-set-default should
be the default IMHO.

Ciao,
	Kili