[darcs-users] ANNOUNCE: vc-darcs.el version 1.9
Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr
Tue Jan 6 19:58:39 UTC 2009
Since I was starting to become annoyed with the issues that vc-darcs had
with recent Darcs releases, I've updated it for Emacs 22 and Darcs 2.0.
The new version 1.9 (not tagged yet, in case there are any last-minute
fixes) is, as usual, available from
- works with all variants of Darcs repositories (pristine-less, hashed,
- integrates more smoothly with Emacs (thanks to whoever added the new VC
- works through tramp (yay!).
- requires a Darcs 2.* binary;
- not tested with either Emacs 21 or XEmacs;
- somewhat slower than the previous version, as it doesn't know about
repository internals any longer.
More precisely, this version only makes the following assumptions about
the format of Darcs repositories:
1. the root of a Darcs repository is marked by the presence of a directory
2. no files under _darcs are ever registered, except for files under
As long as these assumptions are satisfied, it will work with new variants
of Darcs repositories.
More information about the darcs-users