[darcs-users] darcs send --help hangs

Trent W. Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 01:11:36 UTC 2009

Wolfgang Jeltsch <g9ks157k at acme.softbase.org> writes:

> If I run darcs send --help, I get a help text as expected.  The text
> is piped through less.  When I quit less by pressing q, darcs hangs
> and consumes CPU power.  I wasn’t able to stop it via a TERM signal
> but had to use a KILL signal instead.
>
> I use darcs 2.1.98.2 on Ubuntu intrepid for AMD64.

Thanks for your bug report!

Can you still reproduce this problem?

If so, please report this information to bugs at darcs.net, which will
create a new bug ticket at http://bugs.darcs.net/.

Please also include (preferably as attachments) the output of the "env"
and "locale" command -- be sure to run them in the same shell as you get
the problem (it's no use if you run them in a different tab or xterm,
for example).

Darcs 2.1.98.2 is not a standard Ubuntu package.  I presume you've
installed the cabal package.  Please provide information about how you
compiled Darcs (in particular, did you set any configuration options?)
and if it is installed in ~/.cabal/bin (i.e. a --user install) or in
/usr/bin (I think that's where the system installs go).

Please also include the output of "ldd /path/to/darcs".  Make sure you
run ldd on the darcs that's causing problems (you might have more than
one copy installed if you also did "apt-get install darcs").

Finally, you might be able to work-around the problem by doing "export
DARCS_PAGER=cat" before running Darcs.