[darcs-users] can we remove --no-pristine-tree?

Trent W. Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 23:49:29 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 11:49:49PM +0100, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
> > In that case I'd just have normal repos on the web server, but another
> > option would be to use a "smart" server that utilizes "darcs show
> > contents" and "darcs show files".
>
> Am I the only person to have a restrictive quota on my web server?

As for me, I dump stuff on a few public-facing web servers:

- my WRT (embedded router) at home, for which storage is limited by
  the size of the USB stick stuck in the back.

- the web server at work, which is probably limited by disk size, but
  doesn't have user quotas yet (though it ought to).

- code.haskell.org, the storage limitations of which I have no
  knowledge of.

In any case, all of these have at least hundreds of megabytes of
storage, and even a large codebase like GHC ought to fit.

I suppose people using a hosting service provided by their local
student union or by their ISP might be severely limited to, say, 50MB.
In which case (if it were me) I'd turn to the good folk of
http://hcoop.net/.