[darcs-users] darcsum hangs [was: ANNOUNCE: vc-darcs.el version 1.9]

Trent W. Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 01:56:42 UTC 2009

Juliusz Chroboczek <Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr> writes:

>> So, I'm interested if you can give me a short pro/cons between vc-darcs
>> & darcsum?
>
> They are completely orthogonal, and you're welcome to use both at the same
> time.

darcssum has been broken for me since about darcs 2's release... once I
enter my commit message and type C-c C-c to submit it, "darcs rec ." is
run, and never exits.  The _darcs/lock file stays around, and I have to
kill -15 the darcs process to use the repo again.

Is anyone else seeing this behaviour?  I'm using darcs-2 repos.  It
might also be because I'm using symlinks foo -> repo/foo and have (setq
vc-follow-symlinks t), but I think it also affects other files.

I'm thinking darcsum should probably use darcs record --pipe, too?
I've been too lazy to dig through darcsum's code.