[darcs-users] cabal install darcs-2.1.98.2 without libcurl-dev

Trent W. Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 04:21:19 UTC 2009

In a clean VM running a pretty bare Debian Lenny, I got cabal-install
working, then did "cabal install darcs".  I get this failure, because
libcurl-dev isn't installed.  I think this was a known bug, but I'm not
sure if it was supposed to be fixed for darcs 2.2.  (Obviously to fix it
I configure -f-libcurl or install libcurl-dev.)

[134 of 134] Compiling Darcs.RunCommand ( src/Darcs/RunCommand.hs,
dist/build/Darcs/RunCommand.o )

src/hscurl.c:5:23:  error: curl/curl.h: No such file or directory
[...]
darcs-2.1.98.2 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
exit: ExitFailure 1