[darcs-users] darcs patch: Resolve issue1307: allow QuickCheck-less build.

Trent W. Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 02:48:41 UTC 2009

Petr,

I think this one should be fast-tracked for Darcs 2.2.0.

I have done the following both with and without QuickCheck 2.1 listed
in ghc-pkg list:

    make maintainer-clean &&
    autoconf &&
    ./configure &&
    make

Thanks to Lele for reporting this issue!

Sat Jan 10 13:00:08 EST 2009  Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>
  * Resolve issue1307: allow QuickCheck-less build.

  Due to the eager way dependency information is built, QuickCheck 2.1
  was needed to during build even though the darcs binary doesn't use
  it.  Because QuickCheck 2.1 is not available to Debian and Ubuntu
  (without resorting to cabal), this would have meant that Darcs 2.2
  could not be packaged for those platforms.

  Because of .depend, the --disable-unit option added by Eric was just
  meaning that the error happened during "make" instead of "configure".
  This patch removes --disable-unit and makes QuickCheck always tested
  for, but *not* finding QuickCheck is no longer an error.