[darcs-users] Recommendations for implementation of issue #291

Trent W. Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 06:13:55 UTC 2009

Rob Hoelz <rob at hoelzro.net> writes:

> To familiarize myself with Darcs' source, I've taken it upon myself to
> try and take care of some of the ProbablyEasy issues.

Cool.

It's also good if, when you start working on a bug, you can assign it to
yourself and set the status to in-progress, which helps other workers
pick other bugs (or know who to ask about the status of an in-progress
bug).  For example (using my little CLI wrapper), I might do

    ru take 1148 "I'll do this on Saturday."

and then on Saturday

    ru status 1148 in-progress "Bedtime; I'm about half-done."

> The one current on the top of my list is
> http://bugs.darcs.net/issue291 (darcs record interactive option: "e"
> is for "edit").  I've made some progress on it, but I'm at a
> crossroads when it comes to getting the line number for a a hunk.
> [...] What do you all think?

I'd say that to begin with it'd be nice to just have the editor fire up
on the file in question, and worry about the line number as a follow-up
patch.  Don't forget that if you get stuck on one bug, you can always
switch to a different one for a break :-)