[darcs-users] [darcs-devel] "Inferred type is less polymorphic than expected" and type witnesses

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Mon Jan 12 08:53:39 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 23:01:31 -0600, Rob Hoelz wrote:
> 1) What exactly does this error mean, and how do I get around it?
> 2) What are witness types, and what are they used for?
>
> I will gladly accept links to fine manuals as answers to either
> question, but simple explanations would be nice. =D  I thought I
> understood Haskell pretty well, but existentially qualified types have
> thrown me for a loop.

Sounds like a great question for the Haskell Cafe (my super-secret
secondary agenda being to expose more of the Haskell community to darcs
code and to reinforce the message that we are Still Hacking and will
continue to be Still Hacking)

> darcs-devel mailing list (AUTOMATIC POSTINGS ONLY PLEASE!)

Note that we're only using darcs-users now.  Thanks!

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9