[darcs-users] Missing headers from SharedMem.hsc

Axel Simon Axel.Simon at ens.fr
Tue Jan 13 11:55:51 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 11:13 +0000, Simon Marlow wrote:
> Don Stewart wrote:
> > It was also missing HsUnix.h, so the #defines weren't propagating
> > anyway.
> >

> > Mon Jan 12 15:07:58 PST 2009  Don Stewart <dons at galois.com>
> >   * Add check for -lrt to get the shm* functions. Subst. in buildinfo
> >
> > Mon Jan 12 15:47:17 PST 2009  Don Stewart <dons at galois.com>
> >   * SharedMem.hsc wasn't including HsUnixConfig.h, so no #defines were propagating
>
> I can't apply these here:
>
> $ darcs apply ~/sharedmem.patch
> darcs: Cannot apply this patch bundle, since we're missing:
> Thu Nov 10 12:58:32 GMT 2005  simonmar
>    * [project @ 2005-11-10 12:58:32 by simonmar]
>    Some docs for System.Posix, from Bj�rn Bringert
>
> this looks like an encoding issue, since in the history I have:
>
> Thu Nov 10 12:58:32 GMT 2005  simonmar
>    * [project @ 2005-11-10 12:58:32 by simonmar]
>    Some docs for System.Posix, from Bj[_\f6_]rn Bringert
>
> I tried with darcs 2.2.0rc1 and 1.0.9, same result.
>
> Anyone know what's going on here?  (for the darcs-users folks, the repo to
> apply to is http://darcs.haskell.org/packages/unix).

Yes, I have a patch with a Unicode character. The problem seems to be
broken mail programs that confuse Latin-1 and UTF8. My problem was (I
think) slightly easier since I have a correct UTF8 character in my
repository and only receive mails in Latin-8 in which the UTF8
characters are not correctly converted (i.e. they are Garbage). Saving
the patch, opening them as Latin-1 and saving them as UTF8 so far always
worked. It looks to me that your darcs repository has a patch with a
broken character encoding in it. However, maybe its just your terminal
that's broken.

my 2p,
Axel.