[darcs-users] darcs patch: omit whitespace output when there?is no difference

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Wed Jan 14 10:53:06 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 14 January 2009, Eric Kow wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 11:43:39 +0200, Dan Pascu wrote:
> > It would be nice to have this in the upcoming release if possible.
> > Thanks.
>
> It's Petr's call, but we're a day away from release, so I personally
> would opt for conservatism here.

I can understand why significant changes should not go into a release the
day before it is going out, but come on, even not knowing Haskell I can
still read that the patch does nothing more than use putDoc instead of
putDocLn (which is putDoc plus an extra line). Such trivial bug fixes
shouldn't be put on a shelf waiting another few months before users can
benefit from them (do not forget that few people build darcs from source
and even fewer build the current tree, most of them just use a binary
made after a release or whatever comes packaged by their distribution).

--
Dan