[darcs-users] New Windows binary for darcs 2.2.0rc1 available

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Wed Jan 14 21:54:12 UTC 2009

On Jan 14, 2009, at 2:27 AM, Salvatore Insalaco wrote:

> Dear darcs users,
> this is a Windows binary of darcs 2.2.0rc1 (aka 2.1.99.0), compiled
> with curl (pipelining and ssl enabled).

Thanks for doing this!

Here is my experience:

I downloaded the .zip file -- http://homepage.mac.com/kirby81_it/
darcs/darcs-2.1.99.0-win1.zip --  and unzipped it with cygwin's
"unzip" command.  I copied the contents of the directory -- darcs.exe
and all the .dll's -- into the "darcsdir-w32" directory that I
already had, thus overwriting my old darcs.exe.  (I made a backup of
my old one first of course.)

Then I ran "darcs --version", and it didn't have execute permission
bit, so I chmod +x and tried again, and it emitted no output and
returned error code 34:

$ darcs --version
bash: /cygdrive/c/Program Files/darcsdir-w32/darcs: Permission denied

buildslave at tahoe-winslave ~
$ chmod +x /cygdrive/c/Program\ Files/darcsdir-w32/darcs

buildslave at tahoe-winslave ~
$ darcs --version

buildslave at tahoe-winslave ~
$ darcs --version
buildslave at tahoe-winslave ~
$ type darcs
darcs is hashed (/cygdrive/c/Program Files/darcsdir-w32/darcs)

buildslave at tahoe-winslave ~
$ darcs --version
buildslave at tahoe-winslave ~
$ echo $?
34

buildslave at tahoe-winslave ~
$ darcs get --lazy http://allmydata.org/source/darcs/trunk-hashedformat

buildslave at tahoe-winslave ~
$ echo $?
34

Then I started the Windows XP cmd.exe and tried "darcs --version"
there, and it popped up a dialog box saying "The application failed
to initialize properly (0xc0000022). Click on OK to terminate the
application."

Regards,

Zooko
---