[darcs-users] New Windows binary for darcs 2.2.0rc1 available

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Wed Jan 14 22:46:48 UTC 2009

Okay, so after my previous experiment, reported in my previous
letter, I then attempted to factor cygwin out of the equation:

I unzipped the zip file using the Windows unzip tool instead of the
cygwin unzip tool, checked whether the md5 hashes of the files were
the same (they were).  Then I used cmd.exe to run darcs.exe.

I learned a very strange thing: one folder has a darcs.exe which
errors-out in this way, and another folder has a darcs.exe that works
*even though the folders are completely identical*.

This holds true even if I move each one into place on my PATH.

So apparently there is some state in this folder which is invisible
to md5sum but which causes this failure.

So, I'm completely baffled, and I intend to investigate more, but for
now, Salvatore's darcs executable can be made to work for me.

Regards,

Zooko
---
Tahoe, the Least-Authority Filesystem -- http://allmydata.org