[darcs-users] darcs patch: omit whitespace output when there?is no difference

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Thu Jan 15 07:47:29 UTC 2009

Hi,

Dan Pascu <dan at ag-projects.com> writes:
> Just so that I understand the release process better, you say that a
> release candidate will not be released if any change occurs, but it will
> become the next release candidate; then when no changes are made to a
> release candidate over a given time period, it is renamed to final and
> released?
Yes, that is how it works here, and I believe that is the traditional
definition of release candidate. Unlike ours, some rules will let minor changes
between RC and final. It's just more comfortable for the release manager (and I
am a lazy person!) to make the rules stiffer, it comes with less responsibility
and fewer hard decisions about individual fixes. The experience is that once
you let in a trivial fix, someone with a slightly less trivial fix will appear
and demand it being included. I believe the point releases are better suited
for getting those last-minute fixes to public.

Yours,
   Petr.