[darcs-users] darcs patch: Refactor logic flow in `main`.

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Thu Jan 15 10:11:18 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 20:16:53 +1100, Trent W.Buck wrote:
> Sending this one separately because it's relatively long.
>
> Thu Jan 15 14:45:12 EST 2009  Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>
>   * Refactor logic flow in `main`.

Actually this fails our regression tests, so please resubmit!

I had misread your patch as being being just changing around the argv
and length stuff.  But only when tests started failing did I notice.
Apologies for the shoddy review on my part.  Good thing we have
automated testing.

Refactor logic flow in `main`.
------------------------------
> -  when (length argv == 1 && (argv!!0 == "--exact-version")) $
> -       do putStrLn $ "darcs compiled on "++__DATE__++", at "++__TIME__
> -          putStrLn context
> -          exitWith $ ExitSuccess
> -  when (length argv == 1 && argv!!0 == "--commands") $
> -       do list_available_commands
> -          exitWith $ ExitSuccess

That these two (exitWith $ ExitSuccess) had gone away... I suspect that
this was related to the tests failing, i.e. that some test and possibly
some plausible usage of darcs involves the use of -v or --commands as
the first of many arguments passed to the darcs executable.

Could you correct this?  Maybe this would be a good chance to sneak in
the pattern-match and case idea?

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9