[darcs-users] TortoiseDarcs back to sourceforge?

Kari Hoijarvi hoijarvi at seas.wustl.edu
Thu Jan 15 13:59:44 UTC 2009

Hi,

My first guess is, that TortoiseMenus.config is not in the rootDir. Can
you check HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TortoiseCVS

RootDir=C:\Program Files\TortoiseDarcs2

That directory should have TortoiseMenus.config,
TortoiseDarcsShellWin32.dll and TortoiseDarcsAct.exe

You can put the files into C:\Program Files\TortoiseCVS or C:\Program
Files\TortoiseSvn, but remember to rerun regsvr32 if you move the dll's.

If you did any changes, restart the explorer.

Does this help? The missing TortoiseMenus.config has been a problem for
me several times.

You could verify that class id's are in the registry:
32 bit InDarcs: {4553FEC0-BCF3-47e5-8131-A09205364488}
64 bit InDarcs: {39A0A8AE-9B6A-4214-A498-34CBB13CDDE4}

But I doubt that, since regsvr32 reports failed writes.

Sorry for the inconvenience, thanks for the patience. If this does not
help, I'll create a tracing version that reports how far it will get.

Kari