[darcs-users] About the 2.2.0 release.

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Thu Jan 15 21:13:38 UTC 2009

Hi,

I need a little help before I can officially announce 2.2.0. The tarballs are
ready (http://repos.mornfall.net/darcs/darcs-2.2.0.tar.gz and
http://repos.mornfall.net/darcs/darcs-2.2.0_cabal.tar.gz and also, 2.2.0 is on
hackage now).

It turned out that the autoconf-based tarball does not build with
QuickCheck-1.2 installed, for whatever reason, so that needs to be explained in
release notes somehow. Since I don't have the slightest clue why this is the
case, I'd like to ask someone (Trent?) to give a short blurb for the
announcement that will explain people what to about QuickCheck to be able to
build darcs.

Please note that the branch includes this patch:

Sat Jan 10 03:00:08 CET 2009  Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>
  * Resolve issue1307: allow QuickCheck-less build.

I haven't experienced the problem, but at least gour on IRC reported this:

[gour at nitai darcs-2.2.0] make
[ghc] stringify
test -f src/Context.hs || echo unknown | ./stringify Context context > src/Context.hs
perl release/determine_release_state.pl 2.2.0
2.2.0 (release)
[ghc] .depend

on the commandline:
    Warning: -optdep-f is deprecated: Use -dep-makefile instead

src/unit.lhs:58:7:
    Could not find module `Test.QuickCheck':
      it is a member of package QuickCheck-1.2.0.0, which is hidden
make: *** [.depend] Error 1

(This is in .depend, and running "make darcs" didn't help, semi-obviously...)

Yours,
   Petr.