[darcs-users] How do you set a global boring file on windows?

Kari Hoijarvi hoijarvi at seas.wustl.edu
Fri Jan 16 13:11:55 UTC 2009

> If you don't have time for that, at least create a bug on
> bugs at darcs.net, which ensures the issue won't be forgotten.

I just downloaded the repository, I'll check it this weekend.

By the way, I think C:\Documents and Settings\hoijarvi\Application Data\
is the right path for darcs\boring, but wrong for darcs\cache. It should
be in C:\Documents and Settings\hoijarvi\Local Settings\Application Data\.

Local Settings\Application Data\. are computer specific, Application
Data\ is for roaming users.

 From system call SHGetFolderPath:

CSIDL_APPDATA (0x001a)
Version 4.71. The file system directory that serves as a common
repository for application-specific data. A typical path is C:\Documents
and Settings\username\Application Data. This CSIDL is supported by the
redistributable Shfolder.dll for systems that do not have the Microsoft
Internet Explorer 4.0 integrated Shell installed.

CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA (0x001c)
Version 5.0. The file system directory that serves as a data repository
for local (nonroaming) applications. A typical path is C:\Documents and
Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data.

I'll check this out too.

Kari