[darcs-users] integrating git-darcs-import

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Thu Jan 22 06:58:38 UTC 2009

Hello Bertram.. thanks for your work on git-darcs-import. I've been
looking at integrating it within darcs. I've been able to build it
against libdarcs after a small darcs fix, and it seems to work nicely.
I'd like to get your thoughts about how to deploy and maintain it. Two
of the options are:

a. move it into darcs, eg as the "darcs export-git" command, hopefully
the first of many

b. keep it as a small standalone tool (that requires libdarcs)

As a darcs user and developer, I'd prefer a. Git users might prefer a
standalone tool (easier integration ?) but if they install from
hackage (eg) they'll be downloading darcs in either case.

Secondly the tool comes with a small Git accessing library which looks
quite useful. Should this be extracted and published in its own repo,
and on hackage ? Would you like to do this ? Let me know if I can help.

Best,
-Simon
sm on #darcs