[darcs-users] darcs patch: (cabal build) add two missing modules to... (and 1 more)

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Sun Jan 25 08:45:40 UTC 2009

trentbuck at gmail.com (Trent W. Buck) writes:

> Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net> writes:
>
>> 2 Scrap Autoconf.hs and ThisVersion.hs like I did with my first
>>   cabalisation. Use CPP macros instead. We use them anyway.
>
> That sounds like a reasonable approach to me.  What are/could be the
> disadvantages, compared to the current method?
A little longer compiler invocation and a little longer Autoconf.hs. I believe
Cabal tracks compilation flags, so we shouldn't see problems with things not
rebuilding correctly after a change in configuration.

On the other hand, we win a little more consistency, simpler Setup.lhs and
working sdist. See the patches I have sent for reference.

Yours,
   Petr.