[darcs-users] darcs patch: Refactor version machinery in Setup.lhs. (and 5 more)

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Sun Jan 25 18:22:52 UTC 2009

All of my recent patches, with two changes:
- fix a bug in autoconfDefines in Setup.lhs that Kowey spotted in review
- fix a bug I introduced in ShellHarness in "grand unified pwd hack" (see
  issue1330)

Yours,
   Petr.

Sat Jan 24 22:10:15 CET 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Refactor version machinery in Setup.lhs.

  Sanctify the notion that 97, 98 and 99 are special in a darcs version
  number. Assign fancy names to them, for prettier darcs --version.

Sat Jan 24 22:51:49 CET 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Replace ThisVersion.hs generation within Setup with some simple CPP.

Sat Jan 24 22:52:00 CET 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Produce -DPACKAGE_VERSION="..." programatically in Setup.lhs.

Sat Jan 24 23:38:36 CET 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Flip the repo test over to Cabal.

Sun Jan 25 18:54:13 CET 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Drop autogeneration of Autoconf.hs, use CPP instead.

Sun Jan 25 19:20:13 CET 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * A grand unified pwd hack.

  I have replaced all pwd occurances with a call to hspwd, and I am using runghc
  to do so. This might be slow-ish, but should be reasonably portable. Moreover,
  I am experimentally removing the IFS='' hack and adding missing doublequotes to
  some places (and to some where they are not needed by POSIX but who knows). I
  believe IFS='' is equivalent to adding proper quoting to expansions (ie $DIR ->
  "$DIR").