[darcs-users] does cvs2darcs work for anyone?

Drew Perttula drewp at bigasterisk.com
Sun Jan 25 21:52:01 UTC 2009

Matthias Kilian wrote:
> This day I tried to convert OpenBSD CVS repositories to darcs using
> cvs2darcs, which is mentioned here:
>
> 	http://wiki.darcs.net/DarcsWiki/ConvertingFromCvs
>
> However, it doesn't work at all. -R isn't propagated from the shell

I've used it successfully several times, but I have this cryptic note in
the middle of my version:

     -x|-R) cvs_args="$cvs_args $1" ;;
     -d|-z) cvs_args="$cvs_args $1 $2"; shift ;;
     -d*) cvs_args="$cvs_args $1" ;;
     -z*) cvs_args="$cvs_args $1" ;;

# drewp changing this letter. it's weird
     p*) module=$1 ;;

     *) echo "cvs2darcs: invalid argument $1" 1>&2; exit 1 ;;

Possibly I'm changing that 'p' to the first letter of my cvs repo each
time? It's been several months since my last conversion so I don't remember.

Anyway, that's the only tweak I recall needing. I would have been using
the standard tools (cvsps, etc) from whatever ubuntu was shipping last May.