[darcs-users] buildbots are now using Cabal (but action needed)

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Wed Jan 28 10:29:31 UTC 2009

Just an update on this situation: Zooko has applied some patches which
switch the buildbot to use Cabal for building darcs.

Red lights
----------
zooko Windows (6.10 make witnesses)

thorkil tn9  (6.8 Cabal version)
thorkil tn20 (6.6 Cabal version)

karel solaris (6.8 Cabal version)
karel openbsd (6.6 Cabal version)

reinier sloompie (6.8 Cabal version)

zooko yukyuk (6.10 mystery hscurl error)
 http://buildbot.darcs.net/builders/zooko%20yukyuk%20Linux-2.6.24%20Ubuntu-8.04%20amd64/builds/245/steps/compile_2/logs/stdio

zooko ootles (6.8 libraries)
 html ==1.0.* && ==1.0.*,
 parsec >=2.0 && <2.2 && >=2.0 && <2.2,
 regex-compat >=0.71 && <=0.92 && >=0.71 && <=0.92

christian (6.8 Cabal version)

Actions needed
--------------
Please...

Petr:
 - please check library

Zooko:
 - apply Petr's patches (again) to the build master
 - * ootles: give output of ghc-pkg list

Thorkil:
 - upgrade your build slaves tn9 and tn20 to Cabal 1.6.
   * tn9 : cabal install 'Cabal >= 1.6'
   * tn20 : http://wiki.darcs.net/index.html/GHC6.6

Karel:
 - upgrade your build slaves solaris and openbsd to Cabal 1.6
   * solaris: cabal install 'Cabal >= 1.6'
   * openbsd: http://wiki.darcs.net/index.html/GHC6.6

Reinier:
 - upgrade your build slave sloompie to Cabal 1.6

Christian:
 - upgrade your build slave christian to Cabal 1.6

Eric:
 - alias the people on this list + Ertai, Jules
   to a darcs-buildslave address in mutt :-)

Open issues
- Uploading of nightly snapshots - how do we get this working properly?  Should
  the make snapshots target just depend on dist/build/darcs or something?
  Should it invoke cabal configure, etc?

- Zooko's Windows problems.  Do they go away if we just switch completely to
  Cabal?  Waiting for new patches to arrive on build master

- Mystery hscurl issues on zooko yukyuk

Thanks, everyone!