[darcs-users] buildbots are now using Cabal (but action needed)

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Wed Jan 28 12:25:34 UTC 2009

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> writes:

> zooko yukyuk (6.10 mystery hscurl error)
>  http://buildbot.darcs.net/builders/zooko%20yukyuk%20Linux-2.6.24%20Ubuntu-8.04%20amd64/builds/245/steps/compile_2/logs/stdio
It could help passing -f-curl to configure there. Is there a way to do that in
master.cfg (I have no idea, really).

> zooko ootles (6.8 libraries)
>  html ==1.0.* && ==1.0.*,
>  parsec >=2.0 && <2.2 && >=2.0 && <2.2,
>  regex-compat >=0.71 && <=0.92 && >=0.71 && <=0.92
Makes me wonder if we should further relax some of those, or is this a
different kind of problem?

> Petr:
>  - please check library
?? Please explain!

> Zooko:
>  - apply Petr's patches (again) to the build master
>  - * ootles: give output of ghc-pkg list
http://buildbot.darcs.net/builders/zooko%20ootles%20Darwin-8.11.1%20Mac%20OS-10.4.11%20i386
has one, but not sure how up to date is that

> Thorkil:
>  - upgrade your build slaves tn9 and tn20 to Cabal 1.6.
>    * tn9 : cabal install 'Cabal >= 1.6'
>    * tn20 : http://wiki.darcs.net/index.html/GHC6.6

> Karel:
>  - upgrade your build slaves solaris and openbsd to Cabal 1.6
>    * solaris: cabal install 'Cabal >= 1.6'
>    * openbsd: http://wiki.darcs.net/index.html/GHC6.6
Solaris now passes, but it runs wrong diff. Does configure look for gdiff
before looking for diff and uses that when compiled on hosts with gdiff?

> Reinier:
>  - upgrade your build slave sloompie to Cabal 1.6
>
> Christian:
>  - upgrade your build slave christian to Cabal 1.6

> Open issues
> - Uploading of nightly snapshots - how do we get this working properly?  Should
>   the make snapshots target just depend on dist/build/darcs or something?
>   Should it invoke cabal configure, etc?
Running it through Cabal would probably work.