[darcs-users] buildbots are now using Cabal (but action needed)

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Wed Jan 28 16:16:02 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 17:09:08 +0100, Christian Kellermann wrote:
> I just did a bootstrap manually. Now, when I do a cabal upgrade I get an error like this:

Thanks!

> Resolving dependencies...
> cabal: cannot configure syb-0.1.0.0. It requires base >=4.0
> There is no available version of base that satisfies >=4.0
>
> cabal list cabal tells me that 1.6.0.1 is installed.
>
> Is that enough?

That should be enough.

To simplify your life, you could optionally upgrade cabal-install,
unfortunately, by hand.  (I think this involves installing zlib, HTTP
<http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/HTTP-3001.0.3>
and cabal-install).

Also your build slave is complaining it can't find filepath 1.1, which I
think is "normal" in that it's searching in your user package database
instead of the global one.  I think the best approach is probably to
pass --user to runghc Setup configure, which is what cabal-install does
anyway.

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9