[darcs-users] sh on windows

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Wed Jul 1 19:13:09 UTC 2009

Hello,

I've lost track of the status of darcs on windows, but as I was just setting
up a windows box, looking for ways to make it more "comfortable" I
discovered:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/win-bash/

I haven't tried it (I think I'm going to install andLinux on this machine),
but I suspect this may provide an sh replacement on windows (for running the
test suite) that doesn't require all of cygwin or msys.

Perhaps this leads to simpler dev environment for our windows hackers?
Perhaps all you need these days to dev darcs on windows AND run the tests
these days is a recent ghc the above bash?  Or maybe while I wasn't looking
it became even easier than that.

Anyway, I figured it can't hurt to pass on this discovery.  Maybe some darcs
users will even prefer it as a way to interact with darcs on the
commandline.

Cheers,
Jason