[darcs-users] Changes relative to a remote repository

Trent W. Buck twb at cybersource.com.au
Tue Jul 14 01:51:50 UTC 2009

Ashley Moran <ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk> writes:

> On 13 Jul 2009, at 16:29, Vincent Zweije wrote:
>
>> darcs push --dry-run ../other_repo
>
> Thanks - that gives the information I was looking for in a human-
> readable form.
>
> Do you (or anyone) know if there is an easy way to generate a context
> file this way?

A context file defines a set, not a set difference.
You could get a context file for each:

           darcs show changes --context --repo A >A.context
    ssh fs darcs show changes --context --repo B >B.context

but I'm not sure how useful that would be.

> Is it possible (in one command?) to push changes from A to B only
> those changes in A that are not in A'?

You can do it with pull, but apparently not with push.

    darcs pull --complement --repo B A A'

For example, suppose that I have a repo "darcs+twb", and I'm pulling in
David's changes from "darcs+droundy".  I can create a blacklist repo
"darcs+droundy.off" which contains patches I *NEVER* want, e.g. the ones
that refer to Franchise (Setup.hs, not Setup.lhs):

    darcs get http://darcs.net/  darcs+twb
    darcs get ...                darcs+droundy
    darcs init --repo darcs+droundy.off
    darcs pull --repo darcs+droundy.off darcs+droundy \
      --match 'touch Setup\.hs' --allow-conflicts

Then pull in other patches

    darcs pull --complement --repo darcs+twb darcs+droundy darcs+droundy.off