[darcs-users] Darcs 2.3 beta 3 (interim)

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Thu Jul 16 19:18:09 UTC 2009

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 17:05:33 +0200
Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I made an interim beta release with a fix to the bad index segfault
> (hopefully). This should be the last beta in this release cycle, unless further
> problems arise. In less than two weeks, we are looking at an RC and a final
> release. Fasten your seat-belts!
>
> Yours,
>    Petr.
>
> PS: Just cabal install darcs-beta to get it. Reports always welcome.

This fails for me like the first beta did:

$ cabal install darcs-beta
Warning: No remote package servers have been specified. Usually you would have
one specified in the config file.
cabal: There is no package named darcs-beta

####

I'm sure there's some Haskell documentation I could find read somewhere about
how to read this, but darcs should be more user-friendly than that. It should
contain all the instructions I need to install and use it, including getting
cabal setup if that's the recommended way to install it, and cabal apparently
doesn't always auto-configure default download servers for you.

I look forward to testing the 2.3 betas, and thank all the contributors who
have worked on it!

    Mark

   Mark Stosberg            Principal Developer
   mark at summersault.com     Summersault, LLC
   765-939-9301 ext 202     database driven websites
 . . . . . http://www.summersault.com/ . . . . . . . .