[darcs-users] darcs patch: Remove autoconf support and cut GNUmakefile to only bu...
me at mornfall.net
Fri Jul 17 16:17:06 UTC 2009
This is sort of a carnage patch. After this, we will be down to a single
buildsystem: Cabal. This means we no longer need to maintain all the shell+m4
mess that the autoconf system drags around. Unfortunately, it also means that
we lose some features:
- make ghci (it didn't work for me when I tried) ... and if you cabal install,
you can do ghci, and :m Darcs.Some.Module anyway
- make continuous: this is something we may want to get back -- the best
approach I can think of is to patch searchpath to use cabal to do the work:
either that, or write a new tool... original searchpath seems to be gone and
it's a good deal of spaghetti with load of features we don't care about
- make install: cabal currently does not install the manual (since it cannot
- make installserver: I wish I knew how this whole thing worked...
- make darcs-snapshot: dunno what is this good for either
- make windowsinstaller: has anyone seen this working in last say year?
- make microbench: probably not used either
I think the rest of the autoconf/make features is now substituted by cabal just
fine. I have retained "make tags" and "make website", with the latter being
lightly crippled: it expects that a standard cabal build has happened (leaving
behind dist/build/darcs/darcs) and it uses latex2html unconditionally.
I think this is it. I'm looking forward to having at least the manual built and
installed by cabal and possibly a continuous rebuild fixed somehow. Volunteers
are always welcome.
Fri Jul 17 18:03:55 CEST 2009 Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
* Remove autoconf support and cut GNUmakefile to only build manual and tags.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 160651 bytes
Desc: A darcs patch for your repository!
More information about the darcs-users