[darcs-users] NWRUG darcs presentation slides

Ashley Moran ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk
Sat Jul 18 09:42:03 UTC 2009

On 17 Jul 2009, at 17:32, Simon Michael wrote:

> Hey Ashley.. I think that's a really nice intro, I think worthy of
> prominent placement in the darcs docs. Thanks!

Hey, thanks for the good review.  It's not perfect, but got a decent
reception.

> If you do a version 2, I'd like to see both darcs send and accessing
> remote repos (both http and ssh) demonstrated, even quickly, rather
> than just mentioned at the end. I think many new darcs users need
> darcs send as their second command, right after darcs record.

Thanks for the suggestion, which makes sense.  I'm still toying with
the idea of doing a screencast.  If it worked, it'd be the first of a
few, so I'd like to make the first one short and simple (10-15 min?).
Here's a list of things I would put in it:

* darcs add
** -r
* darcs remove
* darcs whatsnew
** --summary
* darcs record
** -a
** -m
* darcs changes
** --last
* darcs push
* darcs pull
* darcs send
** configuring darcs send to email from the command line*
* darcs apply
* darcs get

Any you would add or remove from this list?  (Maybe it's too long?)

I would not plan to cover any reversal operations (unrecord, amend-
record, obliterate etc), any conflict resolution or any clever patch
dependency stuff.  That would probably all be better saved for a later
screencast, if the idea works.

WDYT?

Ashley

* I need to learn how to do this first :)

--
http://www.patchspace.co.uk/
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ashleymoran