[darcs-users] RC1 tarballs available [Was: Re: Autoconf broken in 2.3?]

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Tue Jul 21 11:16:40 UTC 2009

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> writes:
> This was always painful.  I think you have to do a make maintainer-clean
> and remove the release/STATE files.

The problem was that make dist packs up the *pristine* state, so you can modify
configure.ac to your heart's content, but if you don't record, this only has
partial effect on the result (the bit that runs before darcs dist gets called).

The rc1 (both cabal and autoconf) tarballs are available at
http://repos.mornfall.net/darcs/ -- there were no changes other than those in
autoconf since beta 4. It would be good if someone could check that the
autoconf'd tarball (the one labelled 2.3.0rc1) also builds on machines other
than mine.

Thanks! (I'll think about writing a short announcement for the rc, but probably
a little later... hopefully before tonight.)

Yours,
   Petr.