[darcs-users] Screencasts again

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Tue Jul 21 16:04:19 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 13:24:30 +0100, Ashley Moran wrote:
> I think this stuff would be valuable, but isn't it better served by a
> wiki section?  It's not really "news" - although announcements about new
> tips would certainly be appropriate.

Having a wiki section to collect tips is fine (see
http://wiki.darcs.net/HintsAndTips); but what I'm really after is a
regular, visible and sustained effort to (indirectly) educate users
about darcs.  Basically we want to give more people a better working
understanding about darcs, which I think will result in a bit more
enthusiasm about it.

I thought the blog was appropriate because it give us self-contained
articles and the feeling of publishing something (regularly).  I want
the tip itself to appear in the feed, not a link saying "oh, we now have
a tip on the wiki on how to do X").  Just adding a little value to the
darcs feed, no reason to limit ourselves to news.

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9