[darcs-users] post-hoc move

Isaac Dupree ml at isaac.cedarswampstudios.org
Fri Jul 31 13:47:30 UTC 2009

Lele Gaifax wrote:
> As you can see, both the explicit move of "a -> a.txt" and the
> "retrospective" one "b -> b.txt" had the same effect on the recorded
> patch, no new option is required IMHO.

But that's scary!  Unix mv overwrites the destination file, and -- on
the surface -- darcs move seems to include such an mv!  Also, aren't
there situations that are ambiguous enough that darcs can't choose the
right one of the two semantics to do?  I would feel safer if I could at
least choose to provide a flag saying which sort of operation I was
trying to do...

-Isaac